While we're all #athometogether it’s a great time to perfect your lunch game and stretch 1 meal into 2 to get you through today and tomorrow.
It might seem like some effort, but this is nothing new, generations before us found ways to use and re-purpose meals to make every dollar stretch a little further and with some clever tips you can also find new meals in leftovers that would otherwise go to waste. We’re starting off with something most of us eat on a regular basis, Salmon.
Leftover salmon or tuna can be substituted for bacon or other fillings in a frittata or quiche for a lunch idea that can be eaten by more than one, or eaten over 2 lunches, we have a list of quiche and frittata recipes that can be cooked in no time (see below). Of course you can also use canned salmon or tuna if you find yourself with no leftovers.
Salmon and Tuna recipes for inspiration:
- Lime and Coriander Tuna Steaks
- Salmon Steak with Pesto
- Salmon with Fennel Estouffade
- Salmon with Creamy Mint Sauce
Using an Air Fryer instead of a traditional oven means almost no preheating time and you can portion up your quiche into ramekins or up to a 19cm tin if you're using a large capacity air fryer like our Ultimate Fry Deluxe to cook a quick quiche or frittata.
Air Fryer Mini Quiche recipe
Makes: 2 ramekinsPrep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 mins
100g Salmon or Tuna
2 tablespoons milk
pinch of salt
- Turn on your air fryer, set to 170C.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt and herbs in a bowl and divide mixture into 2 ramekins or silicon moulds.
- Place moulds in the cooking bowl of the air fryer (make sure there is 1.5cm of space clear of the sides of the bowl) and close. Cook for 5- 10 minutes or until firm.
- Serve with a side of salad and the herb garnish of your choice.
Find All Tefal Air Fryers
Looking for more Quiche recipes? Here are 6 more quiche and frittata recipes to inspire you.