This recipe is in partnership with Peter Rabbit 2.
- 2 large beetroots (cooked, peeled and pureed)
- 1-litre hot vegetable broth
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Knob of butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ cup dry white wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A dollop of mascarpone cheese
- 1 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- Heat a 24 cm Ingenio Saute pan until the Thermo Spot turns a dark cherry colour. Add the olive oil and butter.
- Add the shallots and garlic and saute until translucent. Stir in the rice and coat well in the butter and oil.
- Add the white wine and allow to simmer for 5 minutes. Stir well then gradually add a ladle of broth at a time, stirring continuously and waiting for each addition to be absorbed before adding the next.
- When you have used 2/3 of the stock add the pureed beetroot and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add remaining stock until it is all incorporated and the mixture is thick and syrupy.
- Total cooking time should be about 20-25 minutes.
- Fold in the Mascarpone cheese and garnish with finely chopped chives.
- Remove handle and serve at the table in your Ingenio Saute pan.
This recipe is made using the Ingenio 20cm Saucepan (comes in a set) and the 5s Food Chopper.