Nutritionist Rosie from Good Chef Bad Chef shares with us a really simple and comforting stewed apple recipe. Perfect as a late-night snack or a quick and easy breakfast paired with some yoghurt and nuts. Nothing beats having a bowl of stewed apples tucked away in your fridge for a quick bite. It can be as simple as eating it on its own with some granola, or as indulgent as serving it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top and a side of waffles.
Serves: 4 as a snack or dessert
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Recipe by: Rosie Mansfield
- 5 large green apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, finely grated using a microplane
- 1/3 cup filtered water
- 1 orange, juiced
- ½ cinnamon stick
- Coconut yoghurt
- Simmer apples in your Ingenio saucepan over low heat with the other ingredients for around 20 minutes or until the apples have softened.
- Serve with coconut yoghurt and nuts.
- Store leftovers in the Ingenio saucepan and cover with plastic lid.
This recipe is cooked using the Tefal Ingenio Stainless Steel Saucepan which is part of the Tefal Ingenio Stainless Steel Induction 13-piece Set. To know more about the product and the Ingenio ranges, please click here.