In this recipe, we use chuck beef which is fantastic for slow cooking or pressure cooking as it has a nice amount of fat. The best part about using a pressure cooker is getting slow cooked results fast, which is extremely helpful for getting food on the table in a shorter amount of time. With the Cook4Me+, it only takes 45 minutes compared to 3 hours of traditional cooking PLUS you get to spend more time with your family while you wait for it to cook! The result? Melt-in-your-mouth soft and tender meat with a sweet and salty sauce perfect over rice noodles or some steamed rice.
Time: 1 hour
- 1 kg piece of chuck beef
- 1 bunch of spring onions, white and light green part cut into batons, a handful of green top thinly sliced for garnish
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 x 4cm piece of ginger, peeled sliced into matchstick batons
- 3 star anise
- 1/2 tsp Sichuan peppers
- 1/2 cup shaoxing wine
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- ¼ cup water
- Flat rice noodles to serve
- Sesame seed, to serve
- Season the beef with olive oil and salt. Heat the pressure cooker to a high heat (searing mode) and cook the meat on both sides for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a separate bowl, mix soy sauce, honey and shaxoing wine. Remove meat and rest on a plate.
- Add the spring onions and a splash of olive oil to the pressure cooker. Next, add the garlic, ginger, Sichuan and star anise. Return the meat along with it’s juices and pour the sauce over the top. Add the water.
- Return the lid on and lock. Set the timer for 45 minutes and begin to cook under pressure.
- Cook the noodles as per packet instructions.
- Once the timer has stopped release the steam and open. Remove meat and shred into chunks. Heat the remaining sauce. Use a wooden spoon to mix through until the sauce thickens and becomes glossy. Return the meat and fold through sauce.
- Portion noodles between bowls and top with the beef and sauce. Garnish with sesame seeds and sliced spring onions tops.